Saturday, March 14, 2009

The First 48

Well here I am, technically on my first 72 hours post op, and I'm feeling amazing!Yes, I did steal this title from the A&E show, but who cares. It's very appropriate for how I'm feeling.

The first 48 hours of recovery have been so smooth for me. And, had I known how smooth, I probably would've had this surgery years ago. The pain is completely bearable, and it's not as bad as I had 'imagined'. Hell, I'm even off my painkillers, except for at night. They help me get to sleep. Which is great! I'm managing my pain each day and I'm following my Doctors orders to the letter.

I cannot believe how great I feel. I am so thankful that I'm doing well. Overall I'm not able to eat much (duh, the whole goal of my surgery), but I haven't been hungry in between meals either. Which is a first for me!

I guess I don't really have much else to say, other than I'm truly happy and very blessed. I can't wait to be fully recovered so I can go work out and continue this amazing journey!

<3- Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment