Monday, March 16, 2009

A Menagerie Of Thoughts

I am so psyched! I am down 27 lbs now!

I am almost down to my College Graduation weight. I haven't been there in 4 years, and I never thought I'd get there again. It took me 4 years to gain 50 lbs, but only 2 months to lose a little more than half of it!

So I've started a fabulous routine of exercising. I'm doing three 40 minute sessions a week. And I feel great!

For now I'm doing 25 minutes on the bike and then 15 on the treadmill. Today I rode 5.5 miles and walked .5 miles.

I think this whole journey is working for me because for the first time since I can remember I'm NOT dieting. I'm eating smaller, healthier meals, but I'm not feeling deprived. If I have a potato at dinner I don't freak because it has carbs. I truly believe that everything in moderation is OK.

Tony comes and works out with me, and I find his support to be amazing. I wasn't sure how our relationship would be affected post op, but he's pleasantly surprised me. I couldn't of asked for a better cheerleader, a better partner to help me through this. He's seen me at my worst, and no matter what always believes in me.

That brings me to my next cheerleader: My sister. I can't even describe how amazing she is! She hasn't ever had a weight problem, but she's never made me feel inferior or less worthy because of mine. We truly do have a special bond, and she is my best friend. She's the first person to kick my ass if I'm lying or not doing the best I can, and she's also the first person to back me up when needed. I'm very blessed to have her in my life.

I have so many cool things coming up. The first is the Britney Spears Concert in Kansas City. I cannot WAIT to go with Linds. I have a huge addiction to bad pop music, and I love Britney.

Then, the day after the concert my good friend Sarah and I are flying to New Jersey to see our girl Brandy. I LOVE going to visit her; she's such a sweet, genuine person. And she makes killer cup cakes :) But, the best part of my trip is going to be that for the first time in my adult life, I will not have to worry about fitting in the plane seat. This brings tears to my eyes. I have always wanted to actually enjoy travelling without worrying about the damn seat belt. And now, I am.

So I'm just going to keep on keepin' on and enjoying this journey. This band is the tool I've prayed and dreamed for. It doesn't magically cure anything, but dammit it has made me a helluva lot more self aware of what I'm eating!

Ciao ;)

<3- Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment