Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Reflection...

I've got to stop being so damn hard on myself.

I know that this band, my new 'tool' takes time. But now I'm wanting the weight to just keep 'melting' away like it did the first 3 weeks.

Right now I'm at a stalled point in my weight loss. And I know it's because I'm still healing, and I know it's because I haven't had a band 'fill' yet. But I'm fighting getting sad. Why?

I think it's because I know other people, girls my age, who had Gastric Bypass, and they are losing weight like crazy. I could've had GB too, but for a MULTITUDE of reasons I am not a fan of it. The band, to me, is a safer, more 'natural' way to go. You don't lose weight as fast, and you have a better chance at succeeding because you do have to put work into it. You have to exercise, and watch what you eat. With GB there's things you CANNOT ever eat again. To me it's alot more risky, even though you lose weight faster.

I think I'm just jealous or something. I'm feeling great, and people have started to notice my 22 lb weight loss. I just need to be HAPPY with my progress. I know my doctor will be.

I get my first band 'fill' on Wednesday, and I know it'll provide me with more restriction. Which is something I definitely need. I'm able to eat about 1 1/2 cups of food right now, when I should only be eating 1/2 to 1 cup max (per meal).

Grr! I just need to stop being so damn impatient. LOL But I am an avid chaser of 'instant gratification'.

Just take a couple of breaths Mag, you will be there before you know it. 22 lbs down, just 108 left to go.

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Ciao!

<3- Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment