Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who Can Say...

If I've been changed for the better. Because I knew you...Because I knew you... I have been changed for good.

So I stole the first line of my blog from the musical 'Wicked', but it's perfect on how I'm feeling today.

I just ended a 10 year somewhat toxic friendship. Well actually the other person ended it. And I'm okay with that. This person doesn't take responsibility or hold themselves accountable for their actions. And they will have a sad, lonely life because of it. I put out an olive branch to try to salvage our friendship, and they don't want to. That's their perogative. I tried, and that's all I can do.

The ending of this friendship has helped me realize what type of person I am, and what type of people I want in my life. I truly have realized today, that my weight loss journey is SO much more than just physical. I knew it would be, but I realize it even more so now. I'm changing, and not everyone in my life will or is pleased with this. But it's the reality. I'm going to keep making mistakes and stumbling on my way, but it'll all part of MY journey.

On the upside I did 14, yes FOURTEEN miles today! Woot Woot. I guess being upset does have it's benefits :)

And, lastly, this week I am thankful for my Family. Without them I wouldn't be who I am today, or be able to go where I'm going!

I hope everyone is well!

Ciao!

<3 - Mags

1 comment:

  1. As hard as it is to cut someone out of your life, it is sometimes just what needs to be done. Stay strong girl!

    ReplyDelete