Thursday, December 31, 2009

MIA, But Not on Purpose...

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've had some 'minor' health issues arise.

The first and most painful being gallstones. Boo to them! If anyone has ever had them, and I pray no one reading this has, I am SO sorry. They are horridly painful.

Well on December 19th Tony rushed me to the ER here in Topeka so I could get some help. I was having terrible stomach pains and long story short, my gallbladder was packed with gallstones. So, the ER doctor recommended I call my surgeon ASAP that following week to schedule surgery. So I did.

I had my gallbladder out on Tuesday, December 29th. And I've been at home the rest of this week recuperating. And while I'm sore, I already feel TONS better. Who knew an 'insignificant' organ could cause so much trouble?!?!

At any rate, that's why I've slacked on updates, and I promise once I'm fully recovered I'll get back to my weekly posting.

I hope EVERYONE out in cyber land is doing well, and I wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Ciao!

<3 - Mags

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and doing well. Looking forward to more blog posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your troubles girlfriend, I know quite a few folks who have suffered gall bladder issues and glad you will be over yours! Have a wonderful New Year and a healthy one! It's your year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clare. I'm feeling much better :) And thanks Kathi! You know what's odd? I hadn't talked or met anyone else that had gallstone/gallbladder issues since their band. I guess I'm just 'lucky'. LOL I hope you both are doing well!

    ReplyDelete